|PREVNAR 13 is a registered trademark of Wyeth LLC.
Manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc. Marketed by Pfizer Inc.
Indications for Prevnar 13®
- Prevnar 13® is a vaccine approved for children 6 weeks through 17 years of age for the prevention of invasive disease caused by 13 Streptococcus pneumoniae strains, and for children 6 weeks through 5 years for the prevention of otitis media caused by 7 of the 13 strains
- Prevnar 13® is also approved for adults 50 years of age and older for the prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia and invasive disease caused by the 13 vaccine strains
- Prevnar 13® is not 100% effective and will only help protect against the 13 strains included in the vaccine
SELECTED SAFETY INFORMATION
- Prevnar 13® should not be given to anyone with a history of severe allergic reaction to any component of Prevnar 13® or any diphtheria toxoid–containing vaccine
- Children and adults with weakened immune systems (eg, HIV infection, leukemia) may have a reduced immune response