|PREVNAR 13 is a registered trademark of Wyeth LLC.
Manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc. Marketed by Pfizer Inc.
- Prevnar 13® is a vaccine indicated in children 6 weeks through 17 years (prior to the 18th birthday) for active immunization for the prevention of invasive disease caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F, and for children 6 weeks through 5 years of age (prior to the 6th birthday) for the prevention of otitis media caused by 7 of the 13 serotypes in the vaccine
- In adults 18 years of age and older, Prevnar 13® is indicated for active immunization for the prevention of pneumonia and invasive disease caused by S. pneumoniae serotypes in the vaccine
- Prevnar 13® does not protect against disease caused by S. pneumoniae serotypes that are not in the vaccine
SELECTED SAFETY INFORMATION
- Severe allergic reaction (eg, anaphylaxis) to any component of Prevnar 13® or any diphtheria toxoid–containing vaccine is a contraindication
- Immunocompromised individuals or individuals with impaired immune responsiveness due to the use of immunosuppressive therapy may have reduced antibody response