|PREVNAR 13 is a registered trademark of Wyeth LLC.
Manufactured by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals Inc. Marketed by Pfizer Inc.
Indications for Prevnar 13®
- Prevnar 13® is a vaccine approved for adults 18 years of age and older for the prevention of pneumococcal pneumonia and invasive disease caused by 13 Streptococcus pneumoniae strains (1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F)
- In children 6 weeks through 17 years of age (prior to the 18th birthday), Prevnar 13® is indicated for the prevention of invasive disease caused by S pneumoniae serotypes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6A, 6B, 7F, 9V, 14, 18C, 19A, 19F, and 23F
- In children 6 weeks through 5 years of age (prior to the 6th birthday), Prevnar 13® is indicated for the prevention of otitis media caused by S pneumoniae serotypes 4, 6B, 9V, 14, 18C, 19F, and 23F
- Prevnar 13® is not 100% effective and will only help protect against the 13 strains included in the vaccine
SELECTED SAFETY INFORMATION
- Prevnar 13® should not be given to anyone with a history of severe allergic reaction to any component of Prevnar 13® or any diphtheria toxoid–containing vaccine
- Children and adults with weakened immune systems (eg, HIV infection, leukemia) may have a reduced immune response